Osservatorio Clap Your Hands Say Yeah (5)

- "Un-styled, simply produced and deserving of the hype": Filippo mi segnala che l'album dei Clap Your Hands Say Yeah è approdato sulle colonne di Billboard.

- La rubrica Independent Study di MSNBC.com si occupa della band newyorkese dal punto di vista delle possibili ripercussioni commerciali (mettete virgolette un po' dappertutto...)

- Sul sito della band sono comparsi i testi dei tre pezzi scaricabili. Io qui sotto vi ricopio quello della canzone che la prossima stagione sarebbe bello riempisse la pista del Covo e di ogni club che si rispetti. Intanto mi è arrivato il pacchetto da Insound, domani o dopodomani chiudo questo osservatorio, aspettando che dopo le vacanze escano i mensili.


THE SKIN OF MY YELLOW COUNTRY TEETH

Once - The dogs have quit their barking
"Son," - my neighbor said to me
"Know the emptiness of talking blue the same old sheep."
Run - I'll do no more this walking
Haunted by a past I just can't see anymore
Anymore

But let me tell you I never planned
to let go of the hand that has been
clinging by its thick country skin
to my yellow country teeth

Far - Far away from West Virginia
I - Will try on New York City
Explaining that the sky holds the
wind the sun rushes in and a child
with a shootgun can shoot down honeybees that sting
BUT THIS BOY COULD USE A LITTLE STING!

Who - Will get me to a party?
Who - Do I have yet to meet
You - You look a bit like coffe
and you taste a little like me
How - Can I keep from moving?
Now - I need a change of scenery
Just listen to me I won't pretend to
understand the movement of the wind
or the waves out in the ocean or how
like the hours I change softly slowly
plainly blindly oh me oh my!

Commenti